Sunday 14 April 2013

To read or not to read

Having gone back to blogging as an outlet through this I find myself plodding through Ashtanga blogs once again. Years ago I had an Ashtanga blog, I love yoga, I still do. Up until about a year ago I was rocking some pretty fun arm balances. At the moment though all exercise is a creaky, groany thing. Which is ok. It's not the end of the world. BUT I have to face the fact I may never "progress" in asana again. This looks very much like an auto-immune disease in which case my yoga would become about staying mobile and healthy and progress would no longer be measured in lifts and jump backs but in good days vs bad. Is reading the Ashtanga blogs a form of re-immersing myself in a community in which I have met some amazing people? Or is it a way of torturing myself?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment